We Support KBB Music Festival
KBB Music Festival
Since 1983, the KBB Music Festival has been showcasing the best in secondary school orchestras, concert bands and jazz bands in Auckland, and more recently, groups from outside of Auckland also. From the small numbers in the original Auckland Secondary Schools Band and Orchestra Festival, the KBB Music Festival has now grown to see over 135 groups competing from more than 50 schools across the greater Auckland region and beyond. The KBB Music Festival is administered by the Auckland Secondary Schools Music Festival Trust (ASSMFT).
The aims of the Festival are:
• To encourage performance by all groups - novice or highly experienced.
• To share ideas, techniques and a common interest in music.
• To expose students to different styles of music.
• To give students the opportunity to perform in professional venues.
The festival is run by a committee of volunteers:
- Trevor Thwaites (Faculty of Education, The University of Auckland) Chairperson
- Warwick Robinson (Westlake Boys High School) Administrator
- Miriam Robinson (Various Schools) Treasurer
- Andrew Chamberlain (KBB Music General Manager)
- Brent Imrie (Tour Time)
- Beverley Brockelbank (Itinerant Teacher)
- Ross Gerritsen (St Kentigern College)
- Nikki Hall (Westlake Girls High School)
- Mary Lin (Baradene College)
- Christine Myhre (Glendowie College)
- Andrea Smith (Rangitoto College)
- Rachel Snelling (St Mary’s College)
- Sally Tibbles (St Cuthberts College)
- Peter Thomas (Epsom Girls Grammar School)
- Alexandra Goldfinch (Long Bay College)
- Ryan Youens (Itinerant Teacher)
For more information visit KBB Music Festival website