Roland’s JUNO synths are known everywhere for their great sound, ease of use, and exceptional value. The JUNO-DS61 takes the iconic series to a new level of performance, adding many powerful enhancements while still keeping operation streamlined and simple. Versatile, intuitive, and highly mobile, the JUNO-DS61 puts you in creative command, making it easy to produce exceptional music everywhere you play.
- Lightweight, gig-ready instrument with pro sounds, enhanced performance features, and battery-powered operation
- 61-note velocity-sensitive keyboard with synth action
- Includes all the sounds from the popular JUNO-Di, plus newly updated acoustic and electric pianos, additional organs, and other stage essentials
- Wave expansion slot enables users to download new sound waveforms, available for free at Roland’s Axial website
- Sample import function for playing user WAV files on the JUNO-DS61’s keyboard
- Easy sound manipulation and editing with hands-on knobs and sliders
- Eight Phrase Pads for triggering samples and audio songs stored on USB memory
- Mic input and dedicated Reverb, Vocoder, and Auto Pitch effects for impressive vocal performances
- Intuitive eight-track pattern sequencer with non-stop recording for quickly developing song ideas
- USB audio/MIDI and DAW Control mode
Mobile Design and Stage-Ready Sounds
The JUNO-DS61 is an ideal keyboard for all types of players, from performing pros and weekend warriors to music producers and home hobbyists. It also excels in teaching labs and other music education environments. Easy to carry and easy to use, the JUNO-DS61 is filled with great Roland sounds for any style or genre, and versatile battery or AC operation gives you the flexibility to play anytime and anywhere.
Top-Quality Pianos, Organs, and More
Acoustic pianos, electric pianos, and organs are bread and butter for most performing keyboardists. In the JUNO-DS61, the pianos have been newly enhanced with improved sound and response, and there are even more organs to choose from. In addition to this new DS Tone Bank, the instrument includes the entire 1000-plus sound set from the previous-generation JUNO-Di, and patches from that keyboard are fully compatible with the JUNO-DS61.
Enhanced Editing and Hands-On Controls
One thing that’s made the JUNO series a players’ favourite is its instant-access design, which makes it easy to call up fantastic sounds right away. But if you like to dig in and customise, the JUNO-DS61 now offers even more adjustable parameters than before, allowing you to tweak patches and performances with detailed precision. The front panel provides an expanded array of hands-on knobs and sliders for creating patches and adjusting sounds as you perform, while the rear panel features jacks for connecting hold and expression pedals at the same time.
Wave Expansion Slot for Adding New Sounds
To complement its impressive onboard sound set, the JUNO-DS61 supports internal waveform expansion via USB for unlimited tonal range. Over 1000 EXP sounds are available for free download at Roland’s Axial website, including top-quality acoustic piano collections, world instruments, go-to studio standards, percussion, loops, and more. If don’t find what you need there, it’s even possible to load in WAV files from your personal library and play them from the keyboard! Out of the box, the JUNO-DS61 comes with the versatile EXP-06 Studio Collection preloaded in the wave expansion slot.
Phrase Pads for Triggering Songs and Samples
With the JUNO-DS61’s eight Phrase Pads, you can supplement your keyboard performances with samples or music files stored on USB memory. Just load up the pads with whatever you like—one-shot samples, vocals, sound effects, loops, or complete music tracks—and trigger them with a quick touch when needed.
Mic Input with Vocoder and Auto Pitch
If you’re a solo performer or singer/songwriter, you’ll love the JUNO-DS61’s mic input, which lets you get great vocal sounds without having to carry around extra gear. There’s a dedicated vocal reverb, plus Auto Pitch for singing with the “stepped” electronic vocal effect popular in today’s music. The built-in vocoder is big fun too, allowing you to sing into a mic and control the tone and pitch via sounds played on the keyboard.
Eight-Track Pattern Sequencer
When you have an idea for a song or beat, you can easily capture and develop it with the onboard pattern sequencer. The intuitive, non-stop operation won’t interrupt your creative flow, letting you build up full arrangements with multiple sounds in no time. The sequencer is also perfect for enhancing live performances with pre-made backing music and on-the-fly looping.
Music Production Partner
The JUNO-DS61 is not only great on stage—it works great for computer music production as well. The integrated USB interface provides a solid front end for a mobile or studio recording setup, allowing you to record MIDI and audio data, including sounds from the mic input. There’s even a dedicated DAW Control mode for controlling your music software from the JUNO-DS61’s front panel.
- Keyboard: 61 keys (with velocity)
- Sound Generator:
- Maximum Polyphony128 voices
- Parts16 parts
- Preset Memory
- Patches: Over 1200
- Drum kits: Over 30
- Performances: 64
* GM2 compatible sounds are included.
- User Memory
- Patches: 256
- Drum kits: 8
- Performances: 128
- Favorites: 100
- Wave Expansion Slots:
- 1 slot
* The wave expansion slot is rewritable internal waveform memory. You can download data from the Axial sound library site and write it via a USB flash drive into the JUNO-DS's internal wave memory (slot).
- Sample Import Function:
- File Format: Audio file: WAV (44.1 kHz, 16 bits)
- Multi-effects: 3 systems, 80 types
- Chorus: 3 types
- Reverb: 5 types
- Mic input reverb: 8 types
- Audio File Player Section:
- File Format – Audio file: WAV, AIFF, MP3
- Rhythm Pattern: Preset: 30 groups x 8
- Arpeggio: Preset: 128
- Pitch bend/Modulation lever
- Control knob x 4
- Level slider x 4
- Multicolor pad x 8
- Display: Graphic LCD 256 x 80 dots
- External Storage Device: USB flash drive (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed flash memory)
- PEDAL HOLD jack
- PEDAL CONTROL jack
- MIC INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXT INPUT jack: stereo miniature phone type
- OUTPUT jacks (L/MONO, R): 1/4-inch phone type
- PHONES jack: stereo 1/4-inch phone type
- MIDI connectors (IN, OUT)
- USB MEMORY port
- USB COMPUTER port (supports USB MIDI/AUDIO)
- DC IN jack
- Power Supply
- DC 9 V: AC adaptor or rechargeable Ni-MH battery (AA, HR6) (sold separately) x 8
* Battery life for continuous use (differs depending on the conditions of use)Rechargeable nickel metal hydride batteries: approximately 5 hours (when using batteries having a capacity of 1900 mAh) (approximately 4 hours if USB flash drive is connected)
* Carbon-zinc or alkaline batteries cannot be used
- Current Draw: 600 mA
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet “USING THE UNIT SAFELY”
- AC adaptor
- Power cord
- Options (sold separately):
- Keyboard stand (*1): KS-18Z, KS-12
- Pedal switch: DP series
- Expression pedal: EV-5
- USB flash memory (*2)
*1 When using the KS-18Z, ensure that the height of the unit is one meter or lower.
*2 Use USB Flash Memory (supports USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Flash Memory) sold by Roland. We cannot guarantee operation if other products are used.
- Size & Weight:
- Width: 1,008 mm | 39-11/16 inches
- Depth: 300 mm | 11-13/16 inches
- Height: 97 mm | 3-7/8 inches
- Weight (excluding AC adaptor) 5.3 kg | 11 lbs. 12 oz.